Lerner Theatre Safety Protocol
After several months of being shut down due to the outbreak of COVID-19, The Lerner Theatre has worked with the Elkhart County Health Department on the development of new protocols and safety procedures to ensure a safe event for show goers.
After careful consideration, patrons will see the following new protocols when attending The Sound of Music in October 2020 at The Lerner:
Seating Capacity Limits
- Seating limits will be set to 250 seats per performance.
- General admission seating which means no assigned seating and previous seating arrangements will not be honored.
- First come, first serve basis on seating.
- Balcony will not be opened unless Main Floor seating is full to warrant opening Balcony seating
- Seating is limited to six seats per group with a minimum of
- Three seats between other groups.
- Rows and seats within the theatre will be marked off, please do not remove tape to accommodate your group.
- Seating is limited to groups of six or under.
Safety and Sanitation Protocols
If you or someone in your party are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, coughing or shortness of breath, please stay home and do not come to the event.
Masks are required inside The Lerner Theatre.
If you do not arrive with a mask, masks will be available for purchase for $1.00 in the Art Decio Donor Lobby.
Theatre entrance has been relocated to Main Street doors, not Franklin Street.
Seating is on a first come, first serve basis and is general admission.
Check-in will be limited to two groups in the lobby at a time. Please listen to Premier Arts volunteer for instruction on entrance.
To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, no physical tickets will be collected from patrons. When checking in for the show, provide the name of the ticket buyer to The Lerner Manager.
To limit the potential spread of COVID-19, public restrooms and heavy public traffic areas will be disinfected every 30 minutes.
Sanitizing stations will be located throughout all public spaces for easy use.
Programs are now digital!
- Simply open the camera on your phone
- Point the camera at the displayed QR code
- Tap the link that appears after scanning the QR code
Dismissal after the Show
- Patrons will be dismissed from their seats one section at a time. Please wait until your section is dismissed before exiting the theatre.
- No congregating
- Once outside the theatre doors, please exit the facility immediately using the appropriately marked EXIT doors on Main Street.
- No gathering in The Lerner Theatre lobby is permitted.
- Visiting with cast members should be done outside of The Lerner Theatre.
Box Office Protocols and Show Information:
When purchasing or exchanging tickets to the show, one person is admitted in the Box Office Ticketing Window at a time.
Please wait in the alcove area if someone is in the ticketing window. Please wait outside the theatre if someone is in the alcove area.
If a line forms, please be respectful of fellow patrons and observe 6 foot social distancing guidelines with anyone not in your party.
Masks are required when visiting The Lerner Theatre Box Office.
If you are unable to wear a mask, our Box Office staff can assist you via telephone.
Premier Arts Season Ticket holders OR Sound of Music and/or Little House on the Prairie individual ticket purchasers must exchange each seat they have purchased for their preferred date and time prior to the show.
Admittance is not guaranteed if tickets are not exchanged.
Original show day is not guaranteed due to local and state guidelines regarding Lerner Theatre capacity.
Exchanges may be made by calling The Lerner Box Office (574-293-4469), visiting The Lerner Box Office during business hours (Monday – Friday 11 AM – 4 PM, Saturday 9 AM – 1 PM), or emailing email@example.com.
To exchange tickets, patrons should have the original purchaser’s name.
If part of a large Season Ticket group, please let Box Office staff know how many of the tickets in the package you are exchanging.
Original tickets are not needed for exchanges.
Season Ticket holders will be able to choose performances first.
September 8 – 18
All previous ticket purchasers and remaining Season Ticket holders may then choose performances.
September 19 – 25
Open sales for new purchasers and continue to exchange Season Ticket holders and precious ticket purchasers.
If a patron needs ADA accommodation, please notify The Lerner Box Office at the time of purchase or exchange.
Physical tickets WILL NOT be needed for The Sound of Music Performances!
A checklist will be utilized at The Lerner Theatre’s Main Street Entrance.
Checklist will list ORIGINAL PURCHASER’S NAME – Please utilize that name and the number present in your party upon arrival.
The Lerner Box Office will be open on show days. Access to Box Office will be through The Lerner’s Franklin Street Entrance. To access The Lerner Theatre auditorium, please exit Franklin Street and re-enter. The Lerner’s Main Street Entrance for check-in.
For questions or concerns regarding the new safety protocols, call (574) 293-4469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org